“I really had such an unbelievable experience at the convention and competition! I can’t thank you all enough. The finals concert was thrilling–the crowd was so supportive and responsive! I learned an incredible amount throughout the whole weekend. I absolutely recommend the competition and convention to any and all singers!”
– Theresa Castillo, Young Artist Division First Place Winner, 2014
Sign up for one or both of the competitions:
- First Round:
– Either pick a live location or submit an online application before May 10, 2015.
– $85 registration fee, includes all rounds of the competition, plus the High School and University Masterclasses at the CS Convention.
– Registration includes a free 6-month Web Subscription for new subscribers.
– Competition times are posted on the AuditionsPlus.com account page.
- Second, Semifinal, and Final Rounds:
– All events held at the CS Convention at the Chicago Sheraton Hotel & Towers, May 21-24, 2015.
Reactions from the 2014 winners:
“Thank you so much for such a thrilling and incredibly informative weekend! The whole conference was so much fun and I learned A LOT in the career classes I attended–even more than I expected! Everything you all are doing for young opera singers in incredible, and this whole conference was absolutely invaluable to me. I will definitely recommend it to my peers and colleagues!”
– Brian Michael Moore, 1st Place Winner of the Classical University Division, 2014
“Thank you for the Classical Singer Convention and Competition! The invaluable courses and connections, the friends I made, the chance to perform in front of hundreds of people, and the scholarships I received all would not be possible without this great event!”
– Aaron Bigeleisen, 1st Place Winner of the 2013 Classical Singer High School Division
“The Classical Singer Competition and Convention was probably the single most important thing our family did in preparation for applying to college. Having the opportunity to meet professors and learn about their programs first hand and participating in the masterclasses was invaluable. I can’t imagine going through the process without the important information we learned–this should be a required event for anyone wanting to study voice.”
– Jennifer S., Parent of 2012 High School Participant
“Not a day passes that I don’t benefit from something I learned from that great weekend. It was a wonderful gift to those of us who participated.”
– John Way, Paradise Valley, AZ
“The Competition talent was mind-blowing!!!”
– Caroline Smith, DePauw University
“. . . a tremendous learning opportunity—singing for and receiving written feedback from voice professors was invaluable.”
– Mary-Liz O’Neill, Huntington, NY
“The Competition was incredible! I would recommend it to other singers without a doubt!”
– Daniel McGrew, Orange, CA